Thursday, March 13, 2014

Die Cut Inlay - Mom

Hey, well here is another card I made up after taking CAS3 (Online classes Clean and simple). I took this spellbinders die and layered up strips of pink in behind. To prep the card I took a single layer and then ran the spellbinder through that for a frame to work with . I had to keep all the white little pieces to insert back into the card after the final cut. I layered up the "pink strips" mat and then inserted all the white pieces from my prep cut. Lastly I cut the word "mom" through the pink layered up mat. I again kept all the little pieces and then cut a white "mom" to fit inside. After I fit all the little pieces back in, it was done! Quite nice but quite labour intensive as well as I used a lot of adhesive. It is amazing that this is a one layer card!
Here are some challenges I have entered!
Make It Monday
4 Crafty Girls
Simon Says - Mother's Day
Inklings & Yarn
Lexis' - Mom
Cuttlebug Mania - Mom
That Craft Place

10 comments:

  1. fabulous CAS card, the pink shaded are awesome, I am so thrilled you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooww this is simple and adorable...lovely CAS design..great card..love this...

    I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #164, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous CAS card Kelly, a beautiful colour combo with the beautiful dies!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on Make It Monday’s final challenge…Love it!! Feel free to check out my entries..so far that would be #’s 42 and 175!
    Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the graduated colours, such a pretty card

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ombre effect on this card, it's fab! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday. Hugs, Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly - I love the effect of the shades of pink through your die cut. I've seen a tutorial on this, but not been brave enough to try it! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really like this card. Tried to make a iron off card today, but that was hard! My iron ruined the paper instead:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit behind too, so no worries. My youngest had her birthday party this weekend so haven't been able to craft so much.

      Delete
  9. Hi there what a great CAS card thankyou for playing along in our challenge at Crafty Girls.
    Hugs
    Fiona
    Blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete